annie + jared's raucous barn get-down

Annie and Jared were married in July at the Secrest 1883 Octagonal Barn in West Liberty, Iowa. It was a family and friend-filled affair to prepare for the big day and Annie really to DIY to a whole new level. The photos of this fabulous party certainly speak for themselves.
The ceremony included handmade fans, programs and lavender-sugar toss cones:

  
Ready to go.


Annie and her mom walking down the aisle to a song that Annie's late father wrote and sung. I can promise you there was not a dry eye in the house.  Certainly Jared's eyes were not dry.

 

Photo shoot with the couple, obsessed that their puppy dog came out to join them! I love this tongue, priceless!

   

The bridal party looked amazing in their outfit picks.



Yes, she made this too.  I know this makes you want to hate her, but trust me, you can't.  She's too rad.


Annie told me that night that the cake topper she made was her favorite thing. She said please PLEASE make sure we get a picture of it. I'd say Jagger Photography did admirable justice to that little cake topper.

 

The decor in the barn was absolutely stunning.

 
 
 
 

Annie and Jared moved to Iowa from the coast so many of their guests had never been to Iowa before. To give them a taste of the local flavor Annie and Jared hired a local band and square dancing caller to get the party started. Their guests really got into it.


do-si-do

Annie and Jared's wedding was amazing and I was so happy to be a part of it. The entire weekend was full of family and friends, amazing food and lots of love...exactly what a wedding should be.

Annie + Jared's Vendors:

Ceremony & Reception: Secrest 1883 Octagonal Barn
Catering: The Motley Cow
Cake: Friend of the couple
Photography: Jagger Photography
Florist: St. Bridget’s Flower Farm
Music: Goosetown Stringband
Day of Coordination: Anticipation Events

Posted in , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

4 Responses to annie + jared's raucous barn get-down

  1. I love love love this wedding! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Iowa City and am getting married at the Secrest Barn in July. I sure could use some tips from this bride, this wedding was incredible! Is there any ligament way for me to get her e-mail address so I can ask her a few questions? If not, no worries. I would just love some advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alicia,
    If you want to email me at elizabeth@anticipationevents.com I can give you Annie's email address. I asked her and she is happy to answer your questions!
    Best,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am from Marion, Iowa and looking for a rustic setting for our upcoming wedding...Does anyone know the details on this barn and who I would need to contact?!? Its PERFECT!!!! If so please email me at mamaemj@live.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.