sarah + jacob: family matters

This is my sister. Pretty little darlin' isn't she?  She married her true love in August in Omaha at St. Barnabas Parish and the reception was held at Joslyn Art MuseumI don't want to wax on too much about it just because she is my sister, but let me tell you how interesting it was to be the day-of coordinator and maid-of-honor.  At most weddings when I am working, I tend to get to sit down and take a break for the first time all day during the wedding toasts.  Usually I shove some food down and chug a few waters but not this time, this time I was on deck to toast the heck out of the happy couple. (#nailedit)  Usually when the guests get dancing, I pack everything up and get it ready for the family.  This time Jacob's cousin was teaching me "the pretzel" as I tore up that dance floor.  Usually, I only know the bride & groom and maybe their parents.  This time, I knew over half of the crowd, many of whom I hadn't seen in years.  It was an exhausting weekend but totally worth it, though I do recommend choosing one or the other, except on the most special of occasions. 


Wedding planner fail: I obviously was not specific enough about when the darling ring bearer Corbin was supposed to stop pulling the wagon.  He just tried to truck that thing (Liam and all) right up the steps and onto the alter.  Luckily Jacob and I both have quick reflexes.  



This is the best we could do in terms of trying to get a good photo of all of us at once.  We tried. 


Like I mentioned here, my sister is obsessed with candy but she didn't want to do a candy table.  She asked for elegant candy and this is what I came up with.  I think it worked.  I found these spice jars at IKEA and we filled them up with M&M's in her color scheme.  There were three meal choices and three M&M colors so it was a subtle and easy way to help the waitstaff figure out what each person ordered but a little more visual than a tiny dot on the corner of a place card that no one can see.  Then I just typed up everyone's name and table number and my mom punched them all out with a circle punch.  Free labor is the best labor!  I love the picture of the boys toasting with them.  Bartender, I'll have a shot of M&M please and thank you.


I love you little family, thanks for including me in your big day!

*all photos by the effusive Matt of Iwen Exposures

Sarah + Jacob's Vendors
Ceremony: St. Barnabas Parish
Reception: Joslyn Art Museum
Day-of Coordination: Anticipation Events
Catering: Hap Abraham Catering
Photography: Iwen Exposures
Florist: Flowers for Special Occasions
Videography: The Silver Screen
Hair + Make-up: Bungalow 8
Cake: Cupcake Island
Transportation: Royal Limousine
Rentals: AAA Rentals

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.